Rehabilitation & Resurfacing of Existing N-5 Between Jhelum and Gujranwala (93 km - Contract 8B-I)

Name of associated firm :
Project Location within Country:
Punjab Province, Jhelum, Gujrat, Gujranwala
Start Date:
December 17, 1991
Completion Date:
March 31,1996

Project Description

The project starts from the outskirts of Jhelum City (Sarai-Alamgir), designated at km 0+000 and terminates on the outskirts of Gujranwala City at km 104+683 at the end of Gujranwala Bypass. The cumulative length of the project is 93 kilometres. The original project comprised of providing Direct Asphalt, Concrete Overlay on the existing DST pavement with strengthening/DST of shoulders for 90% of the project length with the remaining 10% required reconstruction of the existing embankment/pavement. However, after the pavement design review, Subbase, Aggregate base and 20 cm Asphalt Concrete was provided.



  1. Review of Original Pavement Design and Redesign of the pavement

  2. Design of Horizontal Alignment/Vertical Profile

  3. Traffic Sign Plans

  4. Construction Supervision

Construction Supervision

- Contract Management

- Processing of contractor invoices, claims, time extension cases etc.

- Supervision of following construction activities

  • Earth Works

  • Laying of Subbase Course

  • Laying of Aggregate base Course

  • Laying of Asphalt Concrete

  • Construction of Stone Masonry Retaining Wall

  • Construction of Stone Masonry and PCC/RCC Drains

  • Installation of Overhead Gantry Signs

  • Installation of Traffic Sign

  • Miscellaneous Activities


Other Projects In This Sector